44+ Can I Put A 15A Receptacle On A 20A Circuit

Can I Put A 15A Receptacle On A 20A Circuit
. Am i correct that 20 amp circuits must be wired to support the 20 amp receptacle? I'm installing a commercial grade treadmill so i need to ensure for a 20 amp circuit, you must have 12 gauge wire.

Can You Put A 15 Amp Outlet On A 20 Amp Breaker Youtube
Can You Put A 15 Amp Outlet On A 20 Amp Breaker Youtube from i.ytimg.com
I'd like to add one receptacle. But it's at the expense of damaging your home and putting your family at risk. On my last comment i meant a 20amp breaker.


There are rules on it.

Putting a 20a receptacle on a 15a breaker is one way you can cause a sustained overload situation like that. If 15 amp receptacles are allowed on 20 amp circuits, are there pros and cons for installing one or the other? It is always ok to put a lower load on a higher rated receptacle. This receptacle is in the middle of a circuit.