32+ Do I Need To Sand My Old Deck Before Staining

Do I Need To Sand My Old Deck Before Staining
. The short answer is that you can never go wrong with a light sanding regardless of the age of the stain or age of the wood. What's the best and easiest 10 years ago.

Eight Tips For Maintaining Your Mahogany Deck Suburban Boston Decks And Porches Blog
Eight Tips For Maintaining Your Mahogany Deck Suburban Boston Decks And Porches Blog from i2.wp.com
You should sand down the old deck stain first before applying any other type of finish. Removal of old paint by sanding, scraping or other means may generate dust or fumes that contain lead. Simply sand the wood again and make sure to properly clean and brighten it before reapplication of your stain.


The cost to sand a deck before staining is $30 to $50 per hour and takes 3 to 10 hours, depending on the surface area.

Exposure to lead dust or fumes may cause brain damage or other adverse health effects. Do i need to clean my. Do you need to sand wood before staining it? I do recommend however that on a newly installed deck you wait at least three (3) months before first you need to strip the old finish off with and acid based liquid.