12+ Should I Turn Off Gas Water Heater While On Vacation

Should I Turn Off Gas Water Heater While On Vacation
. When i returned to no hot water, it dawned on me that i didn't know how to light the pilot. Should turning off the water heater be included on your list?

How To Clean An Electric Water Heater Happy Hiller
How To Clean An Electric Water Heater Happy Hiller from happyhiller.com
2) will turning off main water value turn off hello, if i am going on vacation for an extended period during winter (it occasionally gets below. Standard natural gas water heater in general, if you. My 50 gal rheem natural gas water heater is 12 years old and probably nearing its end — it has had low use (mostly myself in the house) so it may last longer but who knows.


If this option is the best one, check your appliance user manual to find out what steps you should follow if you go away for an extended period of time.

When you should turn the heater off. Just shut off the breakers. If i'm trying to save significant energy savings from a week away, turning putting your water heater on vacation setting reduces my utility bills. Want to find out more?